I'm back! I had the best time at home...and a little recap of my trip will be coming soon. Until then, here's what's been going on with me.
- Mamaw's surgery went so great! Seriously, not even 2 hours after her surgery, she looked/sounded/acted like nothing had happened! She rocked it. The doctor said they didn't see any 'suspicious activity' in her lymph nodes, and they think she will need radiation, not chemo, which is good news. She meets with them this week to find out all of the results of the surgery. Thank you all for the prayers!
- While I was home, I figured out what I would ask for for Christmas- a Keurig. I have never been great at making coffee, and this seems pretty idiot-proof. I was so excited about it and kept talking about all of the flavors I would get. Well last night, Doug told me he found a box that we hadn't unpacked yet and it had my name on it, so I opened it to find this!
He's so sneaky! I was THRILLED and woke up bright and early this morning to try it out. I had Kahlua flavored coffee, and it was delish. I think he understood my excitement after the 8th time I shouted out, "THIS IS SO COOL!" And I've already had 3 cups...
- A couple weeks ago, I won my first giveaway!! I don't enter many giveaways unless I really, really like it and I was so happy when I won Ashley's giveaway of the My Memories Scrapbook Software. It will definitely come in handy for a project I'm working on :)
- My sweet blog friend, Stephanie, gave me an award! Thanks girl! Stephanie and her hubby just moved to New Orleans, and I cannot wait to read all about their new life there!
- Doug and I found our church yesterday! I was SO happy that it is exactly like my church in college. I prefer very contemporary services, especially for music. I got pretty emotional during worship and had tears streaming down my face...I think I was just so happy that we found somewhere we could get involved and grow together. It's been hard not knowing anyone or anything out here, so this is definitely an answered prayer.
- I finally caved and joined Pinterest! And? I love it. I'm not quite as addicted as I thought I would be, which is a very good thing. I already have too many websites taking up my time! You can find me here. These are a few of my favorite
thingspins: (Sound of Music, anyone? :)