Day 13: Favorite Cookie Recipe
Well, my recipe isn't really for cookies. It's for these brownies that I am now obsessed with (along with the rest of my family!) I found out about the recipe from Laura, and I tweaked them a bit and now I'm addicted. It's a problem.
I made a batch for Doug's office Christmas party, then a batch for our Thanksgiving/Christmas celebration with my family, and I'm making another batch today for my mom's school Christmas party. And I always make sure that the baker gets to eat a few :)
Oh, and I've also renamed them from Glazed Mint Brownies to:
Merry Minton Brownies
(much more festive I think!)
- 1 box of brownies (I use Betty Crocker's Fudge Brownies...they are amazing) and required ingredients for those (usually eggs, water, and vegetable oil)
(I doubled what it called for since I use a 13x9 pan instead of a 9x9)
- 6 tablespoons of butter, softened
- 3 cups confectioners sugar
- 4 tablespoons milk
- Around 1 1/4 teaspoon of peppermint extract (to taste)
- 6 drops of green food coloring
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 tablespoons of butter, softened
1. Bake the brownies. I usually let them cool before I put the mint filling on so it will set faster.
2. Mix together all of the filling ingredients and spread evenly onto brownies. Let the filling set (I stick it in the fridge for about 15 minutes)
3. Combine the 2 ingredients for the glaze and spread evenly. Again, I stick them in the fridge so it will set.
4. I added this step, and it is optional, but I think it adds so much flavor and beauty! I saved some of the mint filling to drizzle on top of the chocolate layer. It makes an easy recipe look a lot more fancy :)
ENJOY! I know I have :)
Day 14: Oprah's Favorite Things: What item(s) would you want if you were in the audience?
This would be nice
This would be nice
I am so excited for the day that we get a full dining room set. We got all of our wedding china, but we have nowhere to display it!
A house would be great, too :)
And of course, a month-long trip to Europe. That may top the list.
Oh by the way, did anyone else in Georgia ADORE the snow that we got on Sunday? It was so beautiful! I'm just sad it didn't stick! I'm hoping it's a sign that I'll get my first white Christmas this year, since it never snows before January here!